to gain insight, solve problems and explore new ideas w/o the
pressure to produce a product or something that has to look good
or make sense to others. That is pretty much the first thought Lisa
Sonora Beam puts into place for the reader.
She discusses her four path ways to designing a viable creative business. Heart/Meaning, gifts/flow, value/profitability and tools/skills. I've tried to read this book twice and it just did not flow for me. The third time must be the charm bc now it is getting through.
Day 20 - 20 things I am grateful for
1) a sharp mind meaning that flows
3) all of my sons how different they are
5) creativity flowing through people their willingness to share
7) others that have already been there/done that generosity
9) the rain yesterday phases of life: birthing thru death
11) seasons in nature seeing the difference in each stage
13) being grateful for where I am in life enjoying my life
15) gathering information putting that info to work
17) challenges working through problems
19) a new day a fresh beginning
Tomorrow is THANKS-GIVING. I wonder what would happen if that day really became a day of giving; everyone giving something to another person? Even a challenge that came from a desire to give to strangers.
In Life Is A Verb there is a cute story of her daughter holding a sign up in the town square that said "FREE HUGS". She wanted to see what people would do, how they would react and respond to her sign. One discovery the mother made: the people she thought would not give a hug came over and responded by giving the hug. 'Tis true - you can't judge a book by its cover.
I leave you with this saying from
"If You Are Irritated By Every Rub,
How Will You Be Polished?"