Life's happenings can be comical at times. Slang for the word money - "peanuts", "pocket change". And just for the fun of it I used a french phrase under the little stick man. "N"s book winged its way to Tasmania in a torrential downpour.
Day 8 - Grateful for
1) sleep without waking during the night trusting God for all things
3) courage to do tough things friends who care no matter what
5) long lines at the grocery store time to think
7) comfort and convenience
9) water at my finger tips a mix of water and milk for my dog
11) a young couple stopping by to eat her expertise in animals
13) rain and wind feeling cold
15) my son's generosity a new job for our 4th son/son's friend
17) being able to create a poem putting words together
19) seeing good in people my son & DIL coming home safe
I am truly grateful for today being Friday. It ends another week of work for my hubby. I grow to appreciate him more and more every day. Thank you God for my years of marriage and every phase we have been through together.
FAITH UNDER FIRE
'Christians ought to have pit-bull faith under fire. The Bible says in Psalm 91,
"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee."
We can outlast, outrun, and overcome the enemy's schemes of destruction. All it takes is the power of faith, not in a person, or material things, but in the true and living God. Keep praising and worshiping Him, even in the face of a fiery furnace.
There are seven points to learn in Daniel chapter 3
1. God deserves our worship. 2. In life, our faith is going to be challenged. 3. Acquire a "No matter what" confession. 4. When the heat is turned up it's important that you don't panic. 5. Even in the fire, remember you are not alone. 6. God uses the drama to get you to the next level. 7. Your faith will pay off eventually. God has already pre-wired you to win.
YOUR PROBLEM DOES NOT HAVE POWER OVER GOD,
BUT GOD HAS POWER OVER YOUR PROBLEM.'
taken from a devotional by Dr. Zachery Tims.